Thursday, June 09, 2005

Mehr Licht!

I was thinking of how I would write this post and the worst thing happened...I woke up to electricity! Of all the rotten luck in the world. Here I was, about to complain, and whine, and bemoan the fact that I hadn't seen a spark of electricity since midnight last Sunday.

Worse, this sad state of affairs would have been the perfect excuse to insult those thugs who run our lives here in the Capital. Rumor has it that the severe power outages are due to the fact that the mazout that the turbines run on can't get delivered because the electrical company has to cross a really hot neighborhood.

Well, can't do any of that now. My mother told me the electricity came on around 10 pm last night and I left for work at 7h40 am this morning and IT WAS STILL ON!!!!!

I'm getting really suspicious. They're not planning on giving it [gasp] every day!?!?!

I can't bare the thought...

No comments: